I'm sitting here with a lump in my
throat…
Today was the day our little baby
was due. Our only flesh-and-blood
child. I wonder: what does he/she look
like? Blonde hair, blue eyes, most likely… Boy? Girl? Outgoing? Reserved?
Short? Tall? So many other questions that go through my mind. How I’d love to lay eyes on our child for
just a little! Hold our baby on my lap… run my fingers through his/her hair…
kiss those soft baby cheeks, and count all the perfect fingers and toes. If I could, I’d protect our baby from this
harsh world… guide his/her heart toward God… do my best to lead this soul into
heaven. But this was not to be. We had
to say good-bye before we said hello…
But really, is that SO important?
Isn’t the ultimate goal and purpose for any person—big or small—to bring glory
to God and spend eternity with Him? If
so, then our baby has already fulfilled that purpose! He/she just got it done before the rest of
our family.
No—I refuse to believe that we
LOST our baby. Yes, we lost him/her from
our sight, but not forever. No… our baby
is safe. Safe in the arms of Jesus…
Safe in
the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast;
There by
His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
Hark!
’tis the voice of angels borne in a song to me,
Over the
fields of glory, over the jasper sea.
Refrain:
Safe in the arms
of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast;
There by His
love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
Safe in
the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care,
Safe from
the world’s temptations; sin cannot harm me there.
Free from
the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears;
Only a
few more trials, only a few more tears!
Refrain:
Safe in the arms
of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast;
There by His
love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
Jesus, my
heart’s dear Refuge, Jesus has died for me;
Firm on
the Rock of Ages ever my trust shall be.
Here let
me wait with patience, wait till the night is o’er;
Wait till
I see the morning break on the golden shore.
Refrain:
Safe in the arms
of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast;
There by His
love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
~Fannie J. Crosby

No comments:
Post a Comment